ACM Multimedia Systems Conference 2018
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys 2018) and associated workshops (MMVE2018, NetGames2018, NOSSDAV2018, PV2018), held from June 12 - 15, 2018 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
ACM Multimedia Systems 2018 will be co-located with:
- MMVE2018: 10th International Workshop on Immersive Mixed and Virtual Environment Systems,
- NetGames2018: 16th Annual Worksop on Network and Systems Support for Games,
- NOSSDAV2018: 28th ACM SIGMM Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video,
- PV2018: 23rd Packet Video Workshop
Research track submission deadline: November 30, 2017
The ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys) provides a forum for researchers to present and share their latest research findings in multimedia systems. While research about specific aspects of multimedia systems are regularly published in the various proceedings and transactions of the networking, operating system, real-time system, database, mobile computing, distributed systems, and middleware communities, MMSys aims to cut across these domains in the context of multimedia data types. This provides a unique opportunity to investigate the intersections and the inter-play of the various approaches and solutions developed across these domains to deal with multimedia data types.
MMSys is a venue for researchers who explore:
- Complete multimedia systems that provide a new kind of multimedia experience or systems whose overall performance improves the state-of-the-art through new research results in more than one component, or
- Enhancements to one or more system components that provide a documented improvement over the state-of-the-art for handling continuous media or time-dependent services.
Such individual system components include:
- Operating systems
- Distributed architectures and protocol enhancements
- Domain languages, development tools, and abstraction layers
- Using new architectures or computing resources for multimedia
- New or improved I/O architectures or I/O devices, innovative uses, and algorithms for their operation
- Representation of continuous or time-dependent media
- Metrics, measures, and measurement tools to assess performance
This touches aspects of many hot topics including but not limited to: adaptive streaming, games, virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality, 3D video, Ultra-HD, HDR, immersive systems, plenoptics, 360° video, multimedia IoT, multi- and many-core, GPGPUs, mobile multimedia and 5G, wearable multimedia, P2P, cloud-based multimedia, cyber-physical systems, multi-sensory experiences, smart cities, QoE.
Further details regarding the conference will be posted online in due time. Please check this website for further updates.